Sunday, January 25, 2009

Destine to Fall

A lot of people don't believe it snows in Arizona, but I'm here to clarify this rumor, it does snow there but only in the northern parts of Arizona. So while I was living in Flagstaff, I had the opportunities to play in the snow but my memories are almost non existent. My only recollection of having played in the snow comes from stories from my mom. First, she would bundle me up really good, walk me outside and because I was so bundled up I couldn't move, then our dog, Spuds would show his love by jumping on me and knocking me over, then I was left laying in the snow until my mom would come help me back up. Well, now that I'm a lot older and I don't have my mom bundling me up to go play in the snow, I still end up laying in the laying in the snow. Except now, I don't have a dog to blame, just a lack of grace as an excuse. But at least, I'm not the only one that lacks grace while being on snow, I've got some great friends to join my club. A couple of weeks ago, Emily, Nikki and I, had a weekend of fun in the snow, but we had our ups and downs during this weekend. The ups were the fun while we were sledding and cross-country skiing. The only downs we had were the falls from skiing and trying to get back up again; and also the wipeouts from sledding, ok well, I was the only one to wipeout during sledding, but that never stopped me before and it never stopped me that day. I just keep looking for the adventure in life, even if it means eating some powder.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Looks fun and cold. Glad you're enjoying the adventure in snow!